Your Cart

No items in your cart

Talented Topicals (Why Topical DHEA Wins Over Pills!)

Wondering why topicals win out? Read on to learn more about DHEA, about topicals versus oral hormones, and why DHEA cream might be the best option for you...

What is DHEA and How Does It Work?

Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) is a steroid hormone produced by the ovaries and the adrenal glands, and it plays a vital role in the body's hormone balance. DHEA is a precursor hormone that can be converted into other hormones, such as estrogen and testosterone, which play essential roles in the body. Otherwise known as a prohormone, DHEA is the most abundant naturally occurring base for hormones in the body. Humans make more and more DHEA from birth to about age 25. People make the most DHEA during their prime reproductive years – optimum health, energy, mental sharpness – between the ages of 18 to 25. This is when humans are naturally most fit to have children, think clearly, and have the physical strength to best care for their offspring (read: to help them deal with the traumatic experience that is raising a toddler…). At around 30, DHEA levels begin to decline for the remainder of life at a rate of about 2% per year. By age 70 to 80 years, DHEA levels can be as low as 20% to 10% compared to younger individuals. Because DHEA is important for many functions in the body, its decline correlates with the steady decline in many functions in the body – those often associated with the aging process and the increase in disease states.

To read a more comprehensive overview of DHEA, check out this blog!

Love Your Liver

All medications taken orally are first broken down and metabolized in the liver. As much as 90% of a medication will be processed leaving 10% to work on the body. Some medications are designed so that after the liver has metabolized them, the resulting molecules are what is needed for the medical effect. Using medications topically - i.e. on the skin, means that the molecules are absorbed immediately into the bloodstream and don’t go through the liver. This is awesome for your liver as it is one less thing to have to metabolize and clean up. Not all medications can be given topically - but most steroid hormones can. Progesterone, estrogens, DHEA, testosterone, can all be put into a cream and then smoothed onto the skin.

Now, this means one more reason to love ReBounce, Silky Peach and other Parlor Games topical creams; you get the hormones you need but without stressing your liver. Plus, you need smaller amounts. Those hormones that are not used immediately at receptors in the body will be metabolized by the liver which is why it’s a good idea to use “just enough” to get the protective effect and no more.

To read more about how to take care of your liver, check out this blog!

Topical DHEA to Feel Great at Any Age!

Unfortunately, oral DHEA taken by mouth is mostly eliminated by the liver, and what does increase in the bloodstream is a different form of DHEA called DHEA sulfate (DHEA-S), DHEA-S is the reservoir of DHEA but is usually converted to DHEA to get the greatest benefit. So, proper method of delivery with DHEA is crucial and this is supported by medical research. DHEA is actually processed by the cells in skin so is immediately used for positive effects.

The skin, or dermis, is the largest organ of the human body. Many people overlook the amazing number of important biological processes that occur in the skin that protect the body. The skin is comprised of many different layers and sub layers such as the epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous layers that have sub-layers called the stratum corneum, granular cell layer, spinous cell layer, basal cell layer. When the skin is exposed to sunlight, modified cholesterol in the dermis is converted to vitamin D and DHEA. Both are very important to continued good health throughout life.

In fact, in postmenopausal women, all sex steroids made in the skin are from adrenal steroid precursors, especially DHEA. It turns out that supplementing DHEA in the skin is the most natural and beneficial way to use DHEA because much DHEA metabolism actually occurs in the skin.

This is why, for people 55 and up, bioidentical DHEA applied daily as a cream is much more effective than oral DHEA supplements in yielding beneficial effects. DHEA cream is a top quality bioidentical DHEA cream available over the counter (OTC) without a prescription.

You can grab your ReBounce DHEA cream now -Click the link to buy now!